½ marathon − 1:19:24
NYC Half Marathon,
Marathon − 2:41:37
Trail 50k - 3:57
Lake Chabot Trail 50K,
Trail 50 Miler - 7:38:03
North Face Endurance Challenge,
San Francisco, CA 12/5/2009
Trail 100K - 9:18:27
Marin Headlands, CA 5/2/2009
Coach: Dr. Jack Daniels
Event: Marathon/Trail/Ultra Marathon
Sponsor: Infinite Running, Salomon, GU
Career Highlights: In 2009, Caitlin Smith exploded onto the international trail running scene with overall wins at the Way Too Cool 50k, the Transrockies Run, the North Face 50 Mile Championship and the Nike Women’s Marathon in San Francisco. In 2010, Caitlin set her sights on broader goals, with top finishes at the Kaiser Half Marathon, the Mount Washington Road Race, the San Francisco Half Marathon, and the USATF 15k Trail Championships.
In 2011, Caitlin aims to qualify for the US Olympic Marathon Trials and compete in several US Trail Championships. As a coach for the Endurables, a San Francisco Running club that focuses on ultra marathons, Caitlin strives to integrate the knowledge she has gleaned from years of teaching dance, yoga, and Pilates into endurance running. Caitlin is a certified Pilates and yoga instructor who specializes in women’s health, athletic rehabilitation, and running performance. She also works as a childbirth assistant in the Bay Area. Even with her busy schedule, Caitlin always finds time for her passion - creating art. She graduated with an MA in Art in 2005 after receiving BA in Justice and Social Change from the University of Michigan in 2002.
Certifications: Certified Pilates Instructor, Certified Vinyasa Instructor, Certified Birth Doula
In 2009 and 2010, Caitlin ran 27 races. She won 21 overall titles and set 16 course records.
- 2011 Boston Marathon, 2:41:37 24th overall female, 9th overall American, 1st Californian. Qualified for 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials.
- 2010 USATF 15k Trail Championships - 4th
- 2010 San Francisco Half Marathon - 3rd
- 2010 Mount Washington Road Race - 10th
- 2010 Kaiser Half Marathon, San Francisco - 4th
- 2009 North Face 50 Miler Endurance Challenge, San Francisco - 1st
- 2009 Trail Run World Masters, Germany - 2nd
- 2009 Nike Women’s Marathon, San Francisco - 1st
- 2009 Transrockies, Colorado - 1st
- 2009 Miwok 100k, San Francisco - 3rd
- 2009 Way Too Cool 50k, California - 1st